Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Hot, hot, hot.....& not just the weather

I know that for most people the weather has been chilly or even cold. Here, it is summer, and it has been extremely hot—to the point where sweating while sitting is normal. Not only has the weather been hot here but the political scene has been hot everywhere.

We stayed up all night watching in anticipation on the outcome of the presidential election. There was a lot of late night eating—barbequing an almost 5 lb steak and roasting a lot of chicken. At 6 this morning, we celebrated Obama’s election of president. After watching both Obama and McCain’s speeches, we headed out to work where we were surrounded by all of our co-workers celebrating. Everyone was hugging, laughing, dancing, and cheering! It was an amazing experience, and really wonderful to see other people become excited as us. Yes, this is biased to my political opinion so I apologize for offending anyone…however, McCain did say that Barack Obama is president now and we must work together for the good of the United States of America.

2 comments:

Nancy said...

Dear Carlyn,
I was thinking of you as the results came in. I am glad to know that you were able to participate in all the drama and joy of our historic event.
It is a thrill to have such a bright, dedicated, ethical individual as our leader.
I recently found out that Obama taught Constitutional law at U of Chicago for 10 years, so he truly knows how democracy can work at it's best!
Sending you love-
Nancy

Cheryl said...

Hi Carlyn! The election results just add to your experiences there. You're probably less isolated than I am from all the recent news.
What is a typical day like for you, other than sweating?
The grass came up around the house and looks so nice. We've also been getting the stone put on the house and inside the trees/logs are being sealed. The windows get stained next. We got another cut of hay done in a window of warm weather last month. Had a couple of more babies (more boys).. Al and I are driving to Fla for a week. His idea, yeah, we vacation together finally! This weekend is a big show so I leave tomorrow and get home Sunday night. My first one this fall. Too many other things going on. Anna and Cadence have been out to the farm to play with gramma and grampa. I even took Anna to my spinning group while I babysat so Chan could go to the doctor's for her neck. Anna was fascinated with the pedals of the spinning wheel, and talked to all of us about...?
Miss you xxoomom